These classes are on-going and only 4 times a month for 2 hrs (5:30pm – 7:30pm).
Every first and third Tuesday of the month we meet at Colony High School (in the library).
Every second and fourth Monday of the month we meet at the Ontario Senior Center.
We talk about:
- How to become a better photographer.
- And any questions you have.
What and how will you learn:
- We do hands on training / camera manipulation (you dial in the camera setting).
- You will learn what the buttons on your camera do.
- You will learn about all the camera settings (auto, manual, aperture priority, shutter priority and program mode).
- You will learn about editing software and how to edit.
- You will learn about Flash / off camera flash / studio lights.
- Most importantly you will learn how to use your camera on manual (no more auto).
Again these classes are FREE, because this is a city program. The instructor Ruben Rodriguez is an educated and professional photographer who is donating his time to teach/offer these classes because he has a true passion for photography.
I am so grateful my mom came across a flyer in the library promoting this class and she gave it to me. Since then, I’ve been attending for the last 3 years. In every class, I always learn something new that I can apply to better improve my photos.
Here are a few reasons why I am extremely grateful for this class and why I want to help promote it:
- I’ve found a mentor, someone who has the results I seek and is willing to teach me.
- My photography has improved, but there is still much more to learn and improve.
- I am more comfortable manipulating my camera.
- I am more confident now accepting requests for photo shoots.
- I enjoy practicing and learning.
- It’s a funny class and great environment.
So if you are interested in these classes and you want to attend or get more info, please feel free to reach out! All skill levels are welcome! No camera is required!
If you know anyone that could benefit from this class, please share this post with them. We want to spread the word out to as many people as possible so that they to can learn from a professional and improve their photography skills.
I will post the class dates/locations on my Facebook page if that is easier for you 🙂